Envision Painting is currently looking to hire 10 (ten) professional painters for our Victoria, BC based operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reading the specifications to determine the quantity of materials needed
- Prepping and cleaning surfaces using scraping, sanding, removing old wallpaper and loose paint, preparing cracks and holes, then sandpapering and applying sealer with proper prep, product tool and equipment knowledge
- Mixing and thinning paint to obtain desired structure and colour
- Applying paint or other materials such as stain, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fiberglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brush, roller, or spray equipment, and doing so to deliver project on schedule and budget
- Assemble and erect scaffolding and swing stages at the same time ensuring a safe and productive working environment is observed and at all the time during the project
- Ensuring customer service and professionalism is maintained at all project stages with a goal of average 9/10 client satisfaction score
- Demonstrating good leadership and management skills
- Keeping open line of communication with Production Manager and Field Supervisor
- Mentoring, coaching and assigning tasks to painters on your crew
- Other Duties as requested
The ideal candidate will
- Have at least 6 months of painting experience
- Professional course in painting preferred though might be compensated with experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Hand-eye coordination
- Must be in shape for kneeling, bending, crouching as this job may be physically demanding
- Must have capability to communicate in English
- Annual salary of $41,250
- 30 hours a week
- Monday to Friday. May require occasionally longer hours or work on the weekend or evenings
- Weekly pay
- 2 weeks of vacation after one year of employment
Due to the specific weather conditions in the region longer suspension of work periods may occur.
You need to have own heard hut, protection glasses and steel toe boots.
We invite to apply: youth, veterans, visible minorities, Indigenous people, newcomers.